Saturday, October 8, 2011

marriage: quotes to consider ...


having fun finding quotes to use at the reception, and thought i would share ...

say something silly.
laugh til it hurts.
take a risk.
tell a secret.
sing out loud.
shake things up.
color outside the lines.
order dessert.

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a daily basis." —Margaret Bonanno

life is slippery. here, take my hand - h. jackson brown jr.

The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes. - Amy Grant

A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' come together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences. - Dave Meurer

To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with. - Mark Twain

What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

I got gaps; you got gaps; we fill each other's gaps. - Rocky

Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be - the last of life for which the first was made. - Robert Browning


love endures all things. (1 corinthians 13:7)

three things will last forever. faith, hope, and love - but the greatest of these is love. (1 corinthians 13:13)

i will make you my promised bride forever i will be good and fair i will show you my love and mercy. (hosea 2:19)

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” (genesis 2:18)

The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord. (proverbs 18:22)

what God has joined together, let man not separate. (matthew 19:6)

above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (1 peter 4:8)

But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. (joshua 24:15)


all because two people fell in love.

someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else.

a laugh is a smile that bursts.

too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

a lifestyle of believing God makes you bolder in your love for others and in what you can believe God for in their lives.

i’d like to be the friend (to you) that you have been to me.

you are my sunshine, my only sunshine. you make me happy when skies are gray. you’ll never know dear, how much i love you. please don’t take my sunshine away.

One of the nicest things you can say to your partner, "If I had it to do over again, I'd choose you. Again."

a good marriage must be created.
in marriage, the little things are the big things.
marriage is never being too old to hold hands.
marriage is remembering to say ‘i love you’ at the end of each day.
marriage is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
marriage is having the capacity to forgive and forget.
marriage is giving each other a safe place in which to grow.
marriage is not only marrying the right person. it is being the right partner.

and, my most favorite find ...

I didn't marry you because you were perfect.

I didn't even marry you because I loved you.
I married you because you gave me a promise.
That promise made up for your faults.
And the promise I gave you made up for mine.
Two imperfect people got married
and it was the promise that made the marriage.
And when our children were growing up,
it wasn't a house that protected them;
and it wasn't our love that protected them -
it was that promise.
Thornton Wilder, The Skin of Our Teeth

here's to everyone finding someone to promise with,

each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment