Tuesday, August 9, 2011

testify to love ...


During the latter part of this summer, I jumped into Beth Moore’s Believing God Bible study with an amazing group of women from my church. It has been absolutely life changing, and I have barely even begun to scratch the surface. It feels like I need to go back through the whole thing with a fine tooth comb, making sure I don’t miss applying a single ounce of what God has spoken to me.

One of the big things He has spoken involves writing. This is not new – by ANY means – but I feel like this time around it’s a matter of sanctified (to make productive of or conducive to spiritual blessing) & consecrated (to devote or dedicate to some purpose) obedience, and why this afternoon finds me tapping away at my keyboard.

In the video from today’s session, Beth made a number of statements that really struck me.

“God wants to give things to people who are enthusiastic about receiving them … The more we clap, the more inclined He is to give an encore.”

If I want my encore, it’s high time that I start clapping!

The past two weeks of the study have been focused on finding God in our life stories. This was not a new concept or practice for me, but God has still been absolutely blowing my mind in terms of answering questions and revealing truths about my past. He has also been showing me how far He has brought me, especially in the last few years.

Just last night, I was thinking about how I spent so many years with the desperate longing to freely give and receive – and ask for – affection, but not knowing how. The reasons why would take many more posts, and there are still many questions surrounding this issue BUT, this morning during study, as I reached over to take my friend’s hand during prayer I heard God say, “I have done this!” Even as I write that, I can no longer see my screen through the tears streaming down my face.

I often get so caught up in the lingering questions that I let the lies of my past take me right back to that place, but the truth remains that GOD HAS DONE A GREAT WORK, and I can trust Him to complete it. I can trust – and thank Him even now for doing it – that He WILL show me how to accept & rest in love freely given.

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love

What about you? What testimony can you give? What truth do you need to stand on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment