Sunday, November 2, 2014

take the time to look back ...


I tend to operate with an attitude of gratitude, especially when it comes to Facebook posts, so I don't need a month to make me aware of what I'm thankful for.  But thanks to the accountability of a friend, I will take advantage of this new month to be more intentional about getting some thoughts down in a more structured way.  

So, today I am thankful for sleeping in, a the opening of a new McDonald's by my house, curling up on the couch with a mocha from a friend & reading for hours, finally crossing a few bigger and lots of little items off my to-do list - including filling my house with the colors & smells of fall, inspiring music & beautiful skies that make a run fly by, a taste of home, and catching up on shows and a movie that challenge me to embrace sadness.

On a grander scale, I am thankful for being shown that not being recognized is actually a gift, and for being reminded of just how far I've come.  The women's Bible study at my church is studying 'Captivating' which I read for the first time after moving to Nashville probably 7 years ago.  I'll go into more detail as the month progresses, but I love how this book is highlighting all that God has been doing in my life, especially recently.  

It's hard to see sometimes when you're up close and personal.  Take the time to look back.  It is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment