Tuesday, November 18, 2014

day 18 ... meteors & silver linings ...

i love God's incredible creation.  i love when He answers prayers immediately.  i also love when He closes a door because He knows what's best for us.


the day started off with a meteor streaking across the sky so spectacular that i literally declared out loud in my car, "that was amazing!"  apparently there was a meteor shower last night ... always grateful for those little blessings of getting up early that i would miss otherwise.

then i almost got sick from not taking my antibiotic with enough food ... but in the middle of wondering if i would be able to even make it to school but hating to leave everyone in a lurch, i found out that one of my kiddos was going to be out so there would be someone to cover if needed.  thank you, Lord for quick answers and provision! 

then, tonight, between this morning's adverse reaction and another funky reaction i'm having to something else, i was absolutely exhausted, but had made plans to attend a concert downtown.  i told myself it would be worth it.  God knew otherwise.  by the time i got to the venue, it was already past capacity and the doors were closed.  home i went.  instead i got to watch it on my computer, in my pajamas, while cleaning my room & writing this blog.  i'm so thankful that He knows what's best for us, even when it's disappointing, and inconvenient.

i put gas in my car.  i got to go to the store.  i got an extended conversation with my parents.  and now i get to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment