Sunday, November 16, 2014

day 16 ... redefining BUT ...

i didn't post for a couple days because i was busy retreating with this fabulous group of women ...


my heart seriously feels like it's going to burst just looking at that beautiful pic and thinking about all the wonderful memories we made this weekend!  it was such an honor and privilege to serve with our incrdible team ... and it's truly amazing how when you're operating in your sweet spot, it doesn't feel like work at all.

i've heard it said before that if you want to know your area of calling, then you should look at your area of greatest opposition/attack.  one of the lovely ladies shared this again before we left today, and it brought a great revelation for me.  all weekend, i had been particularly aware of some unhealed woundings - random thoughts & memories that would literally squeeze my chest in pain.  as i lifted them to the Lord this morning, asking Him to show me what this revealed about my calling, His response was almost immediate.

the phrase that had been running through my mind was "there are some things that i really appreciate about you, but ..."  it's amazing how one little word can completely change the meaning of something. it carries so much weight & can cut so deeply.  BUT then God reminded me about the title of this blog ... the phrase He has continually brought me back to time & again.  

Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

but NOW ...

THAT is the crux of my calling.  God has continued to show me why He gave me 1 peter 2:10 seven years ago.  it has been for so many different reasons.  today it was for redefining my BUT.  He is reminding me yet again that how He sees me is what matters most.

don't let someone else's BUT ever trump
God's.


No comments:

Post a Comment