Saturday, January 4, 2014

innocent & set apart ...


nothing terribly profound to write this morning, but i just love sharing how God's Word is living and active!

last night, before going to bed, i wrote this status -

thankful that God is my defender ...

as one who often worries too much about what other people think, it is a sentiment i have returned to repeatedly in the past year.

then, this morning, my daily reading included psalm 4:1-5

answer me when i call to you, O God who declares me innocent. 
free me from my troubles.  have mercy on me and hear my prayer.


how long will you people ruin my reputation?
how long will you make groundless accusations?

how long will you continue your lies?

you can be sure of this:
The Lord set apart the godly for Himself.
The Lord will answer when i call to Him.

don't sin by letting anger control you.
think about it overnight and remain silent.
offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust the Lord.

what a powerful and timely reminder that we are set apart and declared innocent by God.  but we also must share responsibility by maintaining a right spirit and trusting in Him when we face opposition.  they are lessons i am struggling to learn - i may need to paint these scriptures on the wall so i see them every day :)  my prayer is for God's grace and strength as He grows them in me this year ... and the same for you, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment