Thursday, March 3, 2011

who's image? ...

so it's been a while ... a LONG while ... since i've written. let's see what i can come up with in the 20min before i have to leave for work :)

last night during discipleship class, one of the facilitators said something about "putting on" Christ (galatians 3:27). this is a concept i have heard discussed many times in the past. it seems simple enough. i mean, who wouldn't want to put on Christ?

he then went on to talk about how satan LOVES to distort our image of God. an image is not the real thing, obviously. we were made in the image of God. we are not God. however, for me i think one of the main ways he can distort my image of God is by distorting my image of myself.

stick with me. this is hard enough for me to wrap my head around for myself, let alone explain through my early morning, haven't had my coffee yet haze. if satan can make me unhappy with some (or many) aspects of myself, but i am supposed to be made in the image of God, then what does that say about the One i'm supposed to look like?

hmmm ... God, why did you make me like this? if i am imperfect, are You? okay, obviously NOT. but satan has sure done a really great job of convincing me to buy into these questions at times. has he done the same for you? is the first step in correcting your image of God, correcting your image of yourself?

i'll write more later, because something REALLY cool just happened, but those are just some thoughts to get my and your brain juices flowing for the day ...

be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment